Monday, November 3, 2008

Cookies for Halloween Anyone??

It has been so fun with the coming of Halloween. Kiana is finally old enough to enjoy it. This week we had some friends, Emily and Josh, invite us over to make sugar cookies. The kids all had so much fun, except when Kiana was bullying them. No one is going to want to play with us anymore, and we go over and over not biting and being nice. The funny thing is the kids kept licking off the frosting and then putting it back on the cookies, and picking off the candy. Cookies anyone? We knew we couldn't share them with just anyone, so grandpa and grandma had them =). Which, by the way, my parents loved these sugar cookies, and we need the recipe Emily.
Halloween was also pretty busy. We had fun getting pictures in the morning with our friend Meagan, and they turned out pretty good. It was pretty windy, but it all worked out. We had to get in naps and watch some friends, so we went home. Then we woke Dad up, who hadn's slept for a few days, and went to trick or treat on main street. It was fun. Kiana still gets tired pretty easy and just wanted to sit in the stroller. We rushed to the store to get things to make our Halloween tradition of chili and cornbread. And by the time we got home my parents were home. Mom and I stayed and finished the food while grandpa and Daddy and Kiana went trick or treating. I thought Kiana had the whole trick or treating down, but she more just wanted to stay and play with her grandparents. Dinner time and then grandma and moms turn to take her out. It just seemed we were ruching the whole time, and though she wasn't so sure about it, she sure is enjoying eating the candy(so are Mom and Dad). We had more trick or treaters come to our house then ever before too. It was fun, but I'm glad that is over for another year. By the time we are done with the candy, it will be time for Thanksgiving and Christmas, there goes any chance for a diet.
On Sunday, I was aslo put in as the compassionate service leader. I am nervous, I am better with kids, but it will be a nice change. And it frees me up on Sundays to still sub in primary once in awhile. The bishop also gave me a really nice blessing about knowing the needs of the sisters and still being here with my family. He talked about how blessed I am, and blessed me to work well with the relief society presidency.
Here are some other pictures from this week.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Kim, Of course we will still hang out with you (as long as you don't bite :) ). Your kids looked very cute on Halloween! We missed you trick or treating with us, but it sounds like you were pretty busy. Good luck with the new calling!

mommyshan said...

Looks like a fun and busy day!

Emily S said...

If you don't judge me for Josh's bad behavior, I won't blame Kiana's on you. Here's the recipe:http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/My-Favorite-Sugar-Cookies/Detail.aspx?prop31=1 . I used half butter and half shortening, though. Cute Halloween pictures, I love babies in diapers!