Friday, July 3, 2009

Baby Maile is 1!!!

I can't belive that Maile is already 1!! It seems like she was born just yesterday.

She was a big shocker at almost 10 lbs. and was born c-section. We stayed in the hospital for 3 days and missed the 4th of July events. She has been such a happy girl, always with a BIG smile on her face. She is our smiley Maile! She sure puts up with a lot from her big sister, but they are the best of friends. We are so happy Maile was born into our family.
Baby Maile is getting so big. She has been walking for a few months, but now cruses all over the place. It sure makes keeping her in one place hard (like sitting in church, I'm ready for nursery). Her favorit foods are eggs and bananas (not together), but she loves most foods. She is a really good eater. It is also a whole lot easier putting her down for naps and bedtime than it ever was for Kiana. She does have to have her soft pink blanket though. I never knew she was attached to it until I put it in the washer to clean it, and she cried for two hours unable to sleep without it. She doesn't like being held much, so anytime I get cuddle time, I take it. She has slowly weened herself from nursing, except for one in the middle of the night, which she also stopped last week. It is sad for me that she is already so grown up, she doesn't need me as much as I feel Kiana did. She is very independent, and already likes to do things herself. Her and Kiana look very much alike, people have to take a double take when they see her thinking it is Kiana.

We had a Winnie the Pooh party, which of course got rained out (come on, it's July). We quickly made a change of plans to a local pavilion.


We celebrated with lots of family and friends and she was so spoiled, toys, books, clothes, and more! She really wouldn't dig into her cake like expected. We gave her her own cake, she would lightly touch the frosting, look disgusted and wipe her hands on the chair. I ended up cutting her a piece and giving her a fork, which she then knew what to do. She chowed down!


Happy Birthday Maile, We love you!!!

2 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I can't believe she didn't want her cake, crazy girl! Soory we had to miss it.

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Maile. Hope you got lots of fun toys.