Without much notice or preparation, he finally had two days off in a row, so last minute, we decided to go close to home. We packed, got the trailor from his parents, and headed to a near by canyon. It was so late when we got there, that the kids were already asleep. But, before thir eyes completely closed, we got to watch a small deer for a minute. The deer was completely unfazed by our pressence. His ears would just perk up every few minutes as we did a full circle around him (with the trailor) to turn around. At one time, I think Steve was almost close enough to reach his hand out and touch him, almost, but not quite. The picture is bad because it was so dark and we were moving, but still cool.
I think we learned a few things like don't set up camp in the dark, go to a paid site (we had people driving by at all hours, even at 4 in the morning), so hopefully less traffic and less gun shots (we heard 13 between 1 and 2 am), and less partying. It was nice in the day, kind of scary at night. At one time, Steve turned to me (kidding) and said "should I go get the cops, but if I leave, you'd be too scared." No sleep happened for the two of us, but we still really had a nice time. I hope we are making good memories for the girls and they can remember the times we get to spend together as a family. I think I just sat outside for awhile, looked at nature, enjoyed the breeze on my face, and just thought about how grateful I am to Heavenly Father for all my blessings. I feel closer to Him out in nature and I hope my girls did too!



1 comment:
Oh how I miss those canyons! I love camping. And I loved camping so close to home that you could run home real fast if you forgot something (which I always do).
Post a Comment