Friday, December 18, 2009

When we're helping we're happy!!!

Kiana is my 4 year old that knows everything. She can be the biggest angel and two minutes later is kicking and screaming and I'm pulling my hair out. She loves everyone and loves hugs but enjoys wrestling (with a reminder not to wrestle during preschool). She knows moma's limits and likes to push buttons (I don't know where she gets that ;)).
She loves, LOVES animals. She will love your animal to death if given the chance. She begs to hold grandpa and grandma's birds right now. They tell her the birds are eating now to deter her, until they give up after she asks if they're done 20 times. She will not let it go. If Kiana is coming over, it's best to put the animal outside before she gets there =).
Kiana is one smart cookie. I debate wether I should try to get her in school next year (she just misses the deadline) and fight the system or enjoy her one more year. She can count to at least thirty, spells about 10 or 15 words, knows the sounds of every letter and recognizes them, and we work on flash cards but she needs a lot of help with them. Maybe I just think my baby is advanced and that is actually normal for her age.
Kiana decorated our Christmas tree pretty much by herself. She was so excited and had a place for everything. She can touch it, in her eyes, but Maile can not, and she sure tries to enforce it. She tries to be the little mommy and loves to put Maile in the corner and count to ten and then let her out, maybe I do that a little too much.
Kiana loves to tell me about all her friends, pretty much anyone she sees. She makes good friends and has really learned to play and get along. This is her cousin Jaylee and they are trying out their new snuggies. We were at the church and there were some girls there playing, she wanted to play so bad and kept saying how they were her friends. They didn't know her though, and kept saying, "you aren't my friend...". And she'd reply, "yes I am, everybody's my friend." I felt so bad. Can't we all just get along. I wish I could be more loving like her!

Kiana is my best bud. She is the greatest helper. Right now, Maile is in that stage where she is into everything, and it is so nice to be able to ask Kiana to go pick up all the tupperware or run after Maile or just to go play with her. She makes things so fun and everything is a game. Kiana runs after Maile and MAile runs and giggles. She makes Maile happier then anyone else ever can. We are all happier when Kiana is happy. I love her age and her contagious smile. She just wants everyone to play with her. How happy I am that she is my friend and my daughter!

1 comment:

Mark and Bethany said...

So cute! She is a smartie, but I hate to burst your bubble, you can't fight the public school system, there's not getting her in early! Just enjoy her one more year, you'll be amazed at how well she does when it's her time!