Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Canyon fun and what a mess!!




On Friday night, we went up to the canyon with some friends! I don't think we've done that forever. It was so nice to have a fire and just hang out. By the way, I guess Tooele cops go from camp to camp just checking on people, wanted to make sure our ward hang out didn't get too dangerous and crazy!! Kiana ran around with her friends and fought over cooler chairs the entire time. Being a picky eater, she missed out on the good hotdogs, but I think she enjoyed the cheetos and the smores. Maile just enjoyed sitting in her stroller and watching everyone. Kiana has gotten used to getting to sleep early and became a monster be the end of the night. She spent the remainder of the night sitting in the car screaming while we packed up. What do you do. I'm glad our friends can put up with us and our kids.
Doesn't Kiana look so cute and innocent? SHE ISN'T
So, Maile and I have been passing thrush back and forth since she was born. She has acid reflux and with throwing up all the time, she got thrush and gave it to me. We have tried everything to get rid of it...nystatin, acidophillus, gentian violet, and diflucan, yogurt, anything you can imagine. I want to keep nursing, but this is a very painful thing. The gentian violet is awful stuff. It stains everything bright, dark purple. I have been warned several times of this, but had to use it, having no other options. While Dad was sleeping, Kiana went into our room trying to wake him and brush her teeth (she likes to sleep with Daddy) and of course, went straight for the highly staining gentian violet. Daddy noticed what she was doing, and as he was yelling "NO", Kiana flung it across our bathroom. It got everywhere. Staining carpet, counter, cabinent, walls, doors, bathtub, herself, and me. We cleaned and cleaned trying to lessen the stain. We are lucky most of it that fell on the floor landed on a towel we threw away, and lucky Kiana didn't drink it (it is highly poisionous). I think we did a good job. We will have to paint the walls and doors again, hopefully Saturday, but all in all it doesn't look too bad. Kiana looks like a purple spotted leopard, and my hands are a beautiful purple color (my favorite color). We have an appointment today, and the doctor will probably question how good of parents we are. Hopefully the trush will pass. Sometimes, it is amazing we don't beat our kids!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I think that picture of Kiana and Kelty is so stinkin cute, but you already new that. I am sorry to here about the bathroom mess. I hope it at least helped the thrush.
Also, I hope you didn't have to spend to much time trying to convince Kiana to "go." Good luck with that.

Spencer and Julie said...

I love your blog! Aren't kids just precious!

Emily S said...

AAAH! Attack of the Gentian Violet! That stuff, like I said, is liquid sharpie, and I'll never forget the day it made me cry purple tears. Sorry your experience, I feel for you. And I didn't know there were cops . . .